Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Little Something

I just got a letter from someone I know who is in prison. I've been writing to her, trying to keep her spirits up and even sent her a few of my stories. This is the first time she wrote me and I was surprised at how much my little notes and stories meant to her.

Sometimes the little things you do just to make someone smile can actually impact them strongly in ways you've never imagined.

Often we do a "little something" to help someone and walk away, continuing with our own busy lives. Rarely do we see the look on the face of the people we help, the tears of hope that shine in their eyes, or the light that gets rekindled deep within them. When we actually catch a glimpse of that, it's something wonderful.

Touch
And be touched
Deep inside

- ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment