Thursday, May 14, 2009

Heaven (True Story)

The below post was written in my journal over two decades ago - exactly as you see it. My writing skills weren't as developed, and it was never polished for publication; it's simply something I wrote in my journal to describe what happened to me that day.

I thought it would be something nice to share with you today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

4/20/87

I sit outside in the sunshine on this warm spring day. I watch the sun sink slowly below the horizon from the top of a steep hill. I look into the sky where the clouds camaflage themselves to match the sunset. Tonight one cloud suspends over the sun.

The bottom of this cumulous cloud takes on no other color I've seen before: pink. But so soft a pink it looks like cotton candy, but not sticky. I guess it would be more like cotton then.

Then the tremendous view rose from there. Around the outside edges of the cloud, there is a billowing formation soft and cottony like. But the center wasn't as defined as the edges. The center was blended together smoothly. It varied in colors that we[re] constantly swirling. I saw greens, blues, purples, pinks, reds, yellows, oranges, browns, and white. But there was no black. No darkness existed whatsoever within that cloud. If I watched the center for a few minutes I began to see things. Places that I'd never think I would see, but places that I wanted to see so much.

Someone came up from behind me and sat down beside me on the hill. He looked at me and at the cloud I was watching. The clould that was beyond my description, because it was so beautiful. Then, this person pointed at the cloud and remarqued about its beauty. I nodded still looking at the cloud. Then the person told me that what the sight was wasn't just a cloud, but the outside of heaven. I turned around to look at this person, but he was nowhere in sight now. Strange. Then I turned my eyes back toward the sky to see the last of the cloud fading into nothing.

Next, I thought of the cloud and what the person had said. Then, I thought to myself if that was what heaven was like on the outside. It must be unimaginable on the inside.

- TM
------------------------------------------------------

- ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment