Saturday, May 30, 2009

When Former Friends Try to Become Your Enemy

I was going to post this last night, but I lent my laptop to my husband after work, so I needed to wait until this morning to do so.

Yesterday, someone sent me a transcript of a chat with another who was once a very close friend of mine. In fact, this former close friend is the very same person of which I speak when I first started posting under this blog name. There was a point reached where he gave into the hatred and anger and I would not walk down that path at his side, so we parted ways.

It appears he is still bitter about that.

In the aforementioned transcript he told my other friend some of the things I shared with him, but used lies, half truths and twisted what was true in such a way to purposely skew the information. I could easily see he was trying to drive a wedge in my friendship with another. I've seen it very often in my life and in the lives of others. Why do some people do that? Why can people not be happy for others but follow the belief that "If they don't want me as a friend, no one else should be as well?"

Sadly, I'd still like to be his friend, I just will not walk down the same path into darkness and destruction, anger and hatred and cries for vengence against one and all... It's not in my nature. My heart still carries Love for him and he is in my prayers every day.

Further, he also told my friend that he'll be posting a video of him burning a bible soon. He's aware that I look at his YouTube account and that my friend and I speak, so I wonder if this is his way of saying "make sure she watches it!" I don't know if I'm just assuming way too much of my influence on things, but of late, he's been "bashing" all the things that he knew are close to my heart. Christ and my faith are always close to my heart and he's been bashing both more frequently.

At first impression, I thought I would be outraged upon hearing it, as that is the response I've seen in others. But I'm not. I'm saddened. Very saddened that things have come to this.

I'm also a bit bemused. Growing up any religion, one often hears the stories of persons being persecuted for their faith. If my assumptions are correct, here is a case of a faith being persecuted because of a person. Now I feel REALLY bad (but still have to chuckle over the absurdity of the situation).

Will I rebuke him or lead an army of followers to his video so he will "get it in the neck" as he put it in the chat? No. I will keep my peace and not forward my knowledge of the link to anyone. If he wants to shout in an empty room to the surrounding silent shadows, let him. Most people can see the emptiness in his exclaimations from the replies I've seen where he's badmouthed Christ elsewhere. So I choose not to stir the embers of a dying fire.

Why return hate for hate.
It only begets hate.
Love instead.

- ESA

1 comment:

  1. a true friend will respect your wishes and understand your faith...

    ReplyDelete