Monday, April 23, 2012

Mewling

Just before waking this morning, I received a reminder on the cusp of a dream that I wanted to share. In the dream, I was a white cat and I had climbed up into a tree. Like the stories some giggle over, I had somehow gotten stuck and there wasn't a fireman in sight to get me down.
Yeshua (Jesus) walked up to the tree's base and looked up with a lopsided grin. He knew I was stuck. He said, "Come down, we're having dinner at your place tonight."
My ears pricked up in great alarm. My apartment is so cluttered it's shameful to have any guests over - let alone One I love, treasure and respect so much. I tried to tell Him, that maybe we could do it some other time. Yes, I was mewling like the cat in the tree I was...
Even in the dream, I remembered the story from the bible. Zacchaeus, was a short man who so desperately wanted to see Yeshua when He passed through, that he climbed up a tree to see over everyone's heads.

Yeshua spied Zacchaeus in the tree and told the man, "Come down. We're staying at your house tonight." Of course, the crowd was surprised and shocked; Zacchaeus was a tax collector and considered a sinful man. Yet, that same man found forgiveness with a new start, simply by letting Christ into his home.
As I started to awaken from the dream, I took a half-step into another dream where I was face-to-face with Yeshua. In response to my mewling protests, He looked into my eyes, placed His hand on my shoulder and said, "How cluttered was your heart, when you invited me into it?"
As I continued to awaken fully, I was given a simple request, "Share this."
We don't need to have our living space in perfect order to allow Christ in the door. Likewise, and more importantly, we don't need our spirit/soul's in perfect order to have Him enter. In fact, that is when we need Him the most, and that is when we most wants us to accept Him into our hearts and our lives.

~ ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment