Monday, August 27, 2012

Invasion!

I have been at my mother's house to help her following knee replacement surgery. I brought a small duffel bag with some clothing (frequently laundered), a hairbrush, a couple of books, and my toothbrush. 
Toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, washcloth, towel and bedding are provided by my mother. What more did I need?
Yesterday, my almost 17 year old niece arrived to help this week. Within fifteen minutes, she had invaded the bathroom with a veritable army of things she could not live without!
I am fortunate for the dual sink bathroom or my toothbrush (on the right) would have been completely lost as the invasion swept across the counter!
I thought that was all it it, until I turned around and found another contingent ready to attack the unwary who showered half-asleep! At this point, the shampoo and conditioner I used was now detained at a hidden location elsewhere in the shower. Don't even ask what the invaders did to the washcloth!
Granted, it has been many years since I was an almost 17 year old. Vague memories recall that I once carried more than a toothbrush, that I had my collection of hair care, make up, zit-be-gones, etc. Maybe I even had one or two bubble bath containers.
But I am quite thankful that those years are behind me. Over time, I learned that I don't need all that stuff.
I travel light today.
All I need day-to-day,
I carry within.
~ESA 

***Images Source: my cell phone. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment