Friday, April 23, 2010

Why Not Now? (Poem)

It is with some reluctance
I admit this here and now
I've been negligent in my faith
I will let you know how

There was a time
when I'd go for a walk
one-on-One time with God
and I'd try not to talk

The key to this time
was to listen instead
I'd open my heart
and empty my head

But as months went past
these times became few
as I filled all my days
with much nonsense to do

I'd say my prayers
at day's start and end
but didn't have time
to listen and mend

Excuses come up
games and `net too
chatting and playing
instead I would do

I need to take on
my responsibility
I need to make time
for just God and me

I don't need to go far
whether outside or in
it's in still listening
where this will begin

I listen to God's Voice
as it sails past my ear
I'm reprimanded and reminded
God's ALWAYS near

Give some of my time
to strengthen my heart
Give some of my time
to understand from the start

Give some of my time
a waste it won't be
Give some of my time
to step towards Eternity

Take some time to open my heart
and pause to clear my head
Step away from the cares of this world
and spend time with God instead


-ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment