Saturday, April 24, 2010

In the NOW

There exists a sweet moment when my mind and my being are completely in the NOW - in the moment, connected with all that is around me and aware of what flows through me.

It's a moment when my heart is open to Love and open to loving all that is around me.

My head isn't thinking about what will be, isn't making plans, isn't looking back on the past but is only observing and taking in what is here in the NOW.

My awareness extends beyond myself to touch all that is there - the tree, the grass, the bee dancing among the blueberry flowers, the people waking up in the apartments, the ones driving by in their cars, the child struggling on the grass as she learns to ride her two-wheel bike... and the overwhelming feeling/understanding that God is there touching/within/with/through all of these and more. It's a connectedness beyond words.

Sadly, I can only catch rare glimpses of these moments and my mind is distracted and pulls me away - to a thought, to a memory, to a worry, to respond to the greetings of a neighbor walking by. But at the same time, I know God is still there, even when I am unaware.

Such sweet moments,
More precious than pearls.
And they happen anywhere in the world.

- ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment