Friday, July 10, 2009

Little Blessing though the Pain

This afternoon, I had a pretty intense migraine while at work, the kind where light, sound, smells, touch and thinking HURTS. Even my GI tract was adversely affected. I still needed to get a counter-proposal letter and two invoices (short 10-day terms) out before leaving the office, and needless to say that was getting harder the longer my migraine lasted.

But I was also blessed in that I didn't have to go through this alone. While I was working through this headache, I had an online friend who kept me going with a blend of practical advice and teasing which helped keep my spirits up. He also listened to this overgrown baby's griping, which I do when not feeling well. :P

When we go through the trials and troubles of life (small like today or great), God also places in our lives something to help us through these times. Sometimes we're lucky that we see and acknowledge them. Sometimes we're blinded by our pain and suffering that we don't see them. There are even times we blindly walk by them without experiencing their benefit. :(

Today I'm glad I not only benefited from my friend's support, but also was fortunate enough to see it for the Blessing it was.

Whose life will you change with your words or works?
Whose little blessing can you be?
Be a friend.

- ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment