Saturday, July 11, 2009

Comforting Thought

This morning, instead of waking up early on a fantastically beautiful day and hauling our stuff out for the yard sale with the neighbors, my husband and I spent the morning in the local hospital's emergency room.

I remember how frightened I was this morning. I had a lot of pain, I had passed out around 5:30 AM, and I didn't know what was wrong. While I rode shotgun in my husband's van with a bucket on my lap in case the nausea was serious about what it threatened, I prayed.

My mind envisioned so many things ranging from just a lodged kidney-stone to an ectopic pregnancy about to rupture! Then amid the panic, pain and nausea, a clear thought cut through the chaos.

Either God will see me through this or He will see me home.

While some may consider this a tad morbid, I found it very comforting... I'm not alone no matter what happens. This actually calmed me down.

While I was still in pain, nauseous and dizzy, I was also able to joke a bit with the ER staff. With a smile or a chuckle, I was able to go through the battery of tests and get me home safe to recover. I'm glad they now have a replacement for the liquid barium to drink before the CT-Scan. That stuff was NASTY, and the nurse couldn't stop laughing every time I compared the stuff they had me drink to the "liquid sidewalk." :D

Never alone, no matter where we roam.
Safe in His arms.
Thanks!

- ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment