Sunday, August 2, 2009

Trust of a Child

I spent the night at my sister's place visiting, but I woke up exceptionally early (before 4:30 AM) and logged online to find something to occupy my time.

I went to IM chat box first, but the only two friends "online" I knew were likely asleep, so I refrained from sending a post that may wake them, leaving them to dream in what Peace they may find.

I then wandered my way back to Twitter and skimmed through the tweets. My drive to go to Twitter every day had suddenly fallen off last weekend.

For the past week it felt as though I was tossed unanchored from wave to wave seeking more secure footing. I still had my guiding star in sight, but without secure footing, sometimes one gets a few mouthfuls of water to spit out before toes can dig into the sand and find the rock ledge beneath.

What my wandering heart and mind sought this early hour was not there. So I continued...

Instead of a gaming website (which I tended to visit when I could not find anyone I wanted to converse with online), I went to my blog and skimmed through the sites I follow.

There I found a few allegedly inspirational posts, but they seemed to fall dead at my feet this morning as I sat in the silent darkness before the first birdsong hearing only the rain pitter-patter on the walkway outside.

I also read a few humorous blogs; some made me smile, but not had me laugh nor lifted the darkness that seemed to grow more oppresive with each passing minute.

Then I came across my young niece's blog. She wrote of her 14-year-young problems with her mom, step-dad, friends and boyfriend. But she also wrote a lot about God and Jesus. Even when she did not name them, her faith shone through her words - clearly stating that no matter what she faced, God was there. She just had to put her trust in Him to see her through whatever life placed in her path.

I believe that was what my heart sought. So many times, I get so wrapped up focusing on stuff in my head, with work, with family, with discussions of what things written long ago may mean, I forget to take a still moment -- even one in the middle of the night -- and just listen to God's song in my heart, trusting Him and letting Him guide me where I need to be and with what I'm called to do. I know He is reaching out to me and to each and every one of us...

When that finally dawned on me, the first birdsong rang clear and true outside the window where I still sit. I clicked on the [New Post] button and decided to share this moment with you. It's very early morning; the sun barely kissed the sky with light and a lone bird greets the still morning outside. The song in my heart joins in it's song lifted to God.

Relive the faith of a child.
Believe He's reaching.
Trust in Him

- ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment