Monday, May 31, 2010

Bad To Good

Have you ever had something happen when you sit back with a smile, wondering how something that was frustrating and seemed so wrong opened the way for something good to happen? This happened to me in back-to-back weekends now.

Last weekend, my husband and I had changed our original plans for his birthday to provide me recovery time for my surgery. Then my surgery was canceled at the last minute. But on the very day scheduled for surgery, one of my brother's went to the hospital. My husband and I were free to drive to his State and be with him and help him through the weekend.

This weekend, with the recent stresses and strains, I sought some time -- Alone. I went back to a place I always consider a home - Northeastern PA. I got out early and with delight, I wanted to surprise a friend, but I never had the chance to see him in the end. Instead, I happened upon four wayfarers far from their home, with a broken down car feeling quite alone. If I had my husband on this trip with me, I would not have been able to help them you see.

There are times when it seems life hands me lemons and asks me to make lemonade. There are also times when I sit back and realize, some of the events helped build the lemonade stand....

There is always a bigger picture
Even when we cannot see it.

- ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment