Thursday, November 5, 2009

Reminders

A question a friend posed pricked me when I re-read it this morning. "How long do you think you will be able to hold onto the message? The enemy will back down whilst you have understanding, but after a bit of time will lure you back to old ideas."

Like many my age, I need to give myself reminders - post-it notes, memos on calendars, voice-mails, emails, repetition and bookmarks. That is just the daily routine stuff.

When there is something that strikes me as important, I copy it into a Word document or write it in a my small journal in my laptop bag. This way, after some time passes and I start to forget the lesson, I can go back and re-read it.

For the question above, it's a good indicator that I've already fallen back to my old habits; I got a similar response to the words as I did when I initially read them. Even though a message struck home at first, the lesson faded with time. I still live in a corrupt and corruptible world. This is still the playground of the enemy, and I am still susceptible.

If I want to continue to grow, I really need to keep valuable lessons at hand and do what I can not to forget them.

They are my stepping stones.
I can still trip.
And start again!

-ESA

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! It's true. I have to constantly remind myself of Truth because the lies have been so ingrained! It's worth the fight though. (I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who falls back from time to time).

    ReplyDelete