Thursday, November 5, 2009

Asking "Why?"

Often I try to see things from different perspectives, as far as the limits of my mind, my experiences and my perceptions can take me.

One of the things that has occurred to me is this:

God is like a Parent.

When a child is young, the parent will rebuke, intervene, discipline and rescue the child from the trouble the child has gotten into.

When the child grows, more responsibility is given to the child with the understanding that the child has learned what is right and what is wrong and how to self-discipline and continue to grow.

In most cases, a parent will only dress a child for so many years, then guide the child in what to wear, eventually letting the child not only dress him/herself but make the decisions on what to wear and letting him/her handle the repercussions on his/her own.

I believe that to God, Humanity is like that child.

Over the centuries, we've grown and have now reached a point where we know what is right and wrong and can assume some responsibilities for ourselves and our lives.

But we keep turning to God and asking, "Why don't you do something about all the evils in this world."

I think many fail to realize... God may well be asking Humanity the same question.

-ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment