Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine Card

On February 10, 2009, I received a package in the mail addressed to me at my work office. I opened it with the rest of the mail and pulled out the card pictured here. As you can see, it was unsigned.
The outside reads "You hold a special place in God's heart and a special purpose in this world..." The inside reads "...and that makes you irreplaceable."
I nabbed my webcam and took pictures of the outside and inside of the card to send to a friend with whom I was chatting when I received the card. The response to my comment that it wasn't signed was simply, "Does it really need a signature?"
Some of my readers may suspect this friend had sent the card to me. No. This person did not know my work address.
In addition, I will admit, that there were other cards in the package. It was part of a card solicitation. Yet...
That was the first card out of the package, and it had remarkably touched my heart in a way I cannot put into words. To this day, it is still within the pages of my journal. These were words I really needed to hear at that moment. I never received any additional solicitations nor contacts from this card company (and I get a LOT of repeat ones from other card companies).
It also touched me that it arrived right before Valentine's Day. The other cards were a birthday, anniversary, get-well, and bereavement card. By simple coincidence, I pulled this card out first from somewhere in the middle of the envelope's contents.
Or was it coincidence?
I know God works within my life. When something strikes me as "Wow! God just sent me a message, or touched my life somehow," I don't question it. I smile and thank God for the blessing, the reminder, the help.
None of us are alone; God Loves us, is with us and cares for us - each and every one of us the same.
There is no "To" name as well on the card. I think this is perfect, just as it may have been intended. This card is for each and every one of us. We are ALL Special to God. We ALL have a special purpose in this world. We are ALL irreplaceable.
God Loves us ALL.
God Loves YOU!
Happy Valentine's Day!
~ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment