Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Gifts

When I was a small girl, I asked my dad, "Why do we give presents to each other when it is Jesus' birthday?"
He answered, "Because we are supposed to see Jesus inside each other. In that way, we are giving presents to Jesus on His birthday."
Decades have passed since that answer and, while my dad passed away years ago, I still find value in those words.
In my youth, I strove to find the best gifts I could afford, as that is what Jesus deserves.
Now I reflect in my heart what Jesus/Yeshua truly wants on the day we celebrate His birth. He's already given us His wish list ~ and it's a short one:
  • Love God
  • Love each other
Christ our Lord is not looking for the most elaborate or most expensive gifts, or a pile of them under a well-decorated tree. He asks that we love one another.
Often that includes Forgiving someone who has hurt us, spending TIME with each other, and creating beautiful memories ~ with family, friends, and even those we do not know.
Share the Wonders of Love
As does our God Above 
~ ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment