Saturday, June 6, 2009

Poem Presented by Proud Aunt (Poem)

This weekend I'm down in VA with family - a good sized gathering of siblings, my mom, nieces and nephews. One of my nieces (and god-daughter) takes after me and likes to write.

I wasn't at the house five minutes before she insisted on showing me her blog ("just like you have"). It certainly puts a smile on someone's face when a child looks to them as an example. :D

I may not have kids of my own to brag about, so I will brag a bit about my neice. She's only 13 and has a definate developing talent for words. She gave me permission to repost the poem she wrote yesterday here:

If You Could See
I imagine it
With no candle lit
No way to see
Sometimes you can't believe
There's so many reasons
Believe in You
Because in the dark
Hell or Heaven
He is there

- ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment