Thursday, November 7, 2013

Live Like You Were Dying

For the last year I've been dragging; many noted that my blogs and tweets dried up. Pain and illness drove me inward. Then when I reached a certain point ... God reached in and gave me a boost. 

I listen to Contemporary Christian music online, and silence as I drive my old Jeep; the radio died nearly three years ago.

For my birthday, my husband had a replacement radio installed. It still uses cassettes instead of CD's; it will never connect to a smart phone or iPod.
No Contemporary Christian music stations are in my area, but there are plenty of secular.
God can and does use secular music too. Humanity draws the lines, not God. On a Country radio station, a song brought tears to my eyes. 
As the pain and illness are finally starting to subside, and I have come to terms that in several ways my body will no longer be what it once was, God is calling me to sing once more. And sweet words set me dancing upon the wind.
Regardless of what faith we follow, we all know that there is a limited time we have in this world. Life is to short to hold grudges. Life is too short to put off something to tomorrow.

We don't know when time will end - for this world or for our own life. So we need to live it to the fullest. Live like we were dying...
~ ESA

 


He said: "I was in my early forties,
"With a lot of life before me,
"An' a moment came that stopped me on a dime.
"I spent most of the next days,
"Looking at the x-rays,
"An' talking 'bout the options an' talkin’ ‘bout sweet time."
I asked him when it sank in,
That this might really be the real end?
How’s it hit you when you get that kind of news?
Man whatcha do?

An' he said: "I went sky diving, I went rocky mountain climbing,
"I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu.
"And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,
"And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying."
An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance,
"To live like you were dyin'."

He said "I was finally the husband,
"That most the time I wasn’t.
"An' I became a friend a friend would like to have.
"And all of a sudden goin' fishin’,
"Wasn’t such an imposition,
"And I went three times that year I lost my Dad.
"Well, I finally read the Good Book,
"And I took a good long hard look,
"At what I'd do if I could do it all again,
"And then:

"I went sky diving, I went rocky mountain climbing,
"I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu.
"And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,
"And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying."
An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance,
"To live like you were dyin'."

Like tomorrow was a gift,
And you got eternity,
To think about what you’d do with it.
An' what did you do with it?
An' what can I do with it?
An' what would I do with it?

"Sky diving, I went rocky mountain climbing,
"I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu.
"And then I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,
"And I watched Blue Eagle as it was flyin'."
An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance,
"To live like you were dyin'."

"To live like you were dyin'."
"To live like you were dyin'."
"To live like you were dyin'."
"To live like you were dyin'."
 
~ Tim McGraw

No comments:

Post a Comment