Monday, March 18, 2013

Hide and Go Tweet

It is no secret I enjoy tweeting, but sometimes I am so overwhelmed I tuck tail-feathers between my legs and hide.
A recent count revealed that I received 540 responses in one 24-hour period. I get hundreds of direct (@me) tweets per day, not counting in the main twitter stream (home page).
At 300 followers, I could not read every tweet from every person I follow. I continued to read every direct tweet, however. But I needed a smarter way to manage them.
I once thanked each mention, retweet, favorite and follow. Plus there are endless loops, where I would thank someone, they would retweet that, I'd thank them again, etc... Thanking each via DM (direct message) took even more time.
So as I reach the 10,000 mark... 
Replies and Responses:
I send lyrical blessing or response when I can to every mention in chronological order. Sometimes I am months behind, due to health reasons or other responsibilities.
An exception to this rule: I respond immediately when Spirit grabs me by the scruff of the neck and points out a tweet. 

There are a few that clearly try to get someone to mention them (think "advertising"). I may respond, but often not.

I respond to tweets in large groups, responding as little as ONCE per account per grouping, regardless of number. I sincerely appreciate each one, but I can no longer respond to all.

I also cannot reply to every "amen" or "thank you."
Retweets and Requests:

If a tweet really inspires/impacts me positively, I may favorite or retweet it.

I share prayer requests, if asked. I also do pray when I receive a request ~ sincerely.

I do not (re-)tweet ads, company pages, voting sites, fundraisers or similar. On occasion, I share a link in response to major disasters. But my tweets are ad-free.

Direct Messages:

I may not respond to DM's immediately, as I do not check Twitter daily. Please also note, based on Twitter's technical requirements, you need to follow me in order for me to respond to your DM.

I delete DM's with unknown links, unopened.

I happily accept prayer requests via DM, and will tweet a prayer request (including anonymously), if asked.
What you tell me privately remains private, unless a life is in danger, including yours. In which case, I do NOT post anything on Twitter, but may contact others via other DM's or make a phone call to appropriate authorities.

Following and Friends:
I follow people who mention, follow or retweet me, as well as accounts suggested by others or Twitter on a whim. 

I do not refuse to follow based on religion, opinions, political party, language (either foreign or foul), or adult content.
I don't tweet follow requests.
Occasionally, I free account space by unfollowing those not following me.

I also unfollow accounts that read like a newspaper classifieds section (all ads), or are full of hatred and animosity.


In Sum:
While this seems unnecessarily complex, I seek to find a balance between sharing positive tweets, showing my gratitude and not feeling so overwhelmed.
May God's Blessings reach you each day.
May you find Joy on Twitter I do pray. :D
~ ESA / @JesusSister

No comments:

Post a Comment