Sunday, October 23, 2011

Holiday Pileup

I can't speak for any high-end stores, as I can't afford to go shopping there, but I've recently heard about Nordstrom's decision not to put up Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. I give that notion two thumbs up.

Starting as early as August, holiday goods are out on shelves in stores, piling up Back-to-School, Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. My husband and I have a laugh whenever we pause near the mix & match conglomerate of holiday decorations. Here are a few random combinations of the audible ones we've heard:

- Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus... I want to drink your blood!
- Beware! BEWARE! ... Santa Claus is coming to town.
- Have a holly-jolly Christmas... *Blood-curdling scream!*
- Welcome to the mansion of madness... HoHoHo! Merry Christmas!
- Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer... meet my friend, bloody dagger!
- I'm dreaming of a white... night filled with terror and blood!

Yes, I think taking the holidays one at a time is a good idea.

- Happy Halloween / All Hallow's Eve / All Soul's Day
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Merry Christmas
- Happy New Year

Now can someone pass the pumpkin-glazed turkey stuffed with candy-canes before the ball drops at midnight. :P

- ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment