Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Forth Fireworks

It's been a long time since I posted to my blog, and it's been revised and integrated with my old story blog. Hopefully things will go smoother from here. :D

At the beginning of this month, my husband and I celebrated Independence Day/Forth of July with those in our apartment complex. What started out as four people, including ourselves, has grown over the last six or seven years. Someone estimated over 40 kids attended this year and at least a few dozen adults.

We told the kids that we would not start the show until it was "dark." To determine when it was "dark enough" we said that when we could see three stars in the sky overhead. I don't think I've ever seen the neighborhood kids look as intently at the sky as they did then. LOL Then came the debate whether or not the "evening star" counted as a planet or a star. LMAO!!!

But all in all, it was an enjoyable time. There is a certain kind of joy when you gather with people and share something together. :)

As my husband and I have no idea what the fireworks look like from the audience perspective, we asked a neighbor to use our camera to take a few snapshots. The camera was moved and the images were delightfully bizarre in themselves. So I wanted to share those with my readers, for laughs, for fun, for the joy of sharing the unexpected. :D

- ESA

PS: Rocket-type fireworks are illegal in our state, so we only had ground-type fountains.



























































No comments:

Post a Comment